888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888


ATE!




I awoke early and somewhat eager for breakfast.

Mom crawled out of bed, got dressed and we called for the shuttle.
 I started brekkie with porridge that I sprinkled with a little brown sugar. Mom ordered the Belgian Waffle. Oh how she raved! It was crunchy, it was perfectly well done, the syrup was excellent, blah, blah, blah. All this praise was getting droll! Just kidding. After all the bitching, I was thrilled to see Mothra eating with relish.

Orange eggs, eeeeewww...
I had planned on only having porridge in the morning, but got guilted into trying Smoked Salmon with Scrambled Eggs. No, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. The eggs were actually orange. Turns out that's what real eggs are supposed to look like. Not the genetically engineered eggs we're used to, but real eggs from real chickens that just roam around and do nothing.
Anyway, the salmon and eggs were really good. And now I had a tummy ache.

We caught the shuttle down to The Villiage. Most of my pics are from here, but I know how annoying that can get, so I'll show you just a couple.





I could post about seven thousand pix, but I figured a few random statues would do it.

We strolled around The Villiage looking into shops, looking at weird buildings and puzzling over random fountains. It's a great place.

The rain started to come down in a soft drizzle, so I walked mom back to the room.

The rain wasn't falling too hard so I went back out and did my photo gathering until the rain got a little too heavy to play in.

Back in the room, mom was sleeping. I snatched up my Nexus 7 and sat by the open window enjoying the rain and fresh air as I sat drinking tea and reading. I don't know about you, but to me, that is heaven. I miss the rain. I really do.

The wheezing from the bed had a soothing effect much like the rain. I was almost reluctant to wake Edie Baby for our 2:30 massage apt. But there was no way I was about to miss that. 

Spa LogoThe Mermaid Spa was calling our name. 

We were asked to fill out a questionnaire siting our various issues. To this, I responded 'stress', because, well... you know.

"Tell me more about your stress." The lady said to me. "I'm taking my mom on a trek across the UK." I answered. "Say no more."
Then later. "Tell me how you would like to feel after the massage so I can know which scents to use." 
"A little less homicidal." 

The massage was nice. Not nearly deep enough or long enough for my taste. Mom enjoyed it. The lady she had worked with the fact that she was all shades of recovering and used some type of stuff to help clear it up. I heard them chatting from the next room the whole time. 

After the massage, we wandered about the village looking for stuff to buy and dinner. Mom found a bunch of pottery for friends and family members. I bought a shirt and sweatshirt. Then we went on a hunt for dinner.

Nothing was open. The Village closed at 5. We grabbed a cookie and a DC from the closing cafe. We got back to the room just as the rain started again.

Evening in Portmeirion is wonderful. Evening with rain even better.

Mom was wheezing badly.
"Say this... Luke.. I am your father..."
"Loren... I am your mother... Behold your
 future!" She is one cruel woman.


The nightmares that night... words cannot convey. I'm pretty sure it was at that point that I'd realized I'd lost the will to live. I'd lost it before then, it was just then that I'd realized it. But I digress.

It was raining, mom was sick and I wasn't in the mood for another heavy dinner so we decided on room service.

Soup for two with crusty bread and Welsh Rarebit.


Crusty Bread means crutons!
Welsh Rarebit is grilled cheese.
It was tasty and warm.

We spent the rest of the evening watching tv. The light turned off and the rain turned on. It was cold as hell with the window open but it sounded so nice...

And we end on day 8.