Neun!

Neun!



The morning was cold and slightly damp. I didn't want to get out of bed at all. In fact Haggie and I got into a little tiff over the fact I was cold. She almost lost her face, because I nearly ripped it from her skull. 

We got past that little annoyance, packed our stuff and called for a shuttle to breakfast. 

Over the night, someone had moved into the room next to us. I could hear them moving around, and I'm pretty sure they heard Momster and me arguing. Oh well.

Our last meal at Portmeirion. Brings a tear to my eye.
Full Welsh Breakfast
I was in Wales after all, so I decided to be brave and try the Full Welsh Breakfast. Sausage, bacon, mushrooms, eggs, tomato, weird potato thing and... blood pudding.

NO I DIDN'T EAT THAT CUZ IT'S GROSS!

Everything else was good though.

We checked out (sniff) and got a ride to the end of the road to wait for the bus to take us to the train station.

I tried to have a conversation with this cow, but he ignored me. Maybe he only spoke Welsh.

Waiting for the bus
Welsh people are very friendly and very helpful. They rather remind me of NOLA people in that way. Anyway, we're on the bus and inquiring of the stop to reach the train station when we're asked, "Where are you going?" "Caernarfon to see the castle." The caused an uproar. It turns out that if we got on the bus the opposite way instead of taking the train, we would have saved ourselves about 3 hours. After much debate, we decided to take the train anyway since we already bought the tickets.

The bus dropped us off with strict instructions to go to the cafe and have a tea and cake while we waited for the train. We did that.

We sat outside of the cafe with our bags, tea and cake, and what do we see? Our bus, going in the opposite direction. Everyone on it waved at us! It was really cute.
Napoleon and tea

We had about and hour and a half to kill in Porthmadog. It was a really pretty little town. 

The owner of the cake shop pointed mom to a public restroom across the street. She went over there, I stayed with the bags. I met a sweet little doggie named Jody who showed me her teeth when I asked her. She said "erp" too. Made me miss my doggies badly.
Not actually Jodi's teeth
Edie Baby returned and announced the the public facilities were immaculately clean. She was really impressed. I didn't go so I didn't get a picture.

We climbed on the train and settled in for a nice ride. The older lady across the isle helped us get our stuff on, so of course there was instant report. We learned all about her 10 children and so on and so forth. I kept quiet and looked out the window. 
I was glad we took the train, cus we did this:  
Oh snap!
Aww yeah. A train through a Castle. Woot!  It was Conwy Castle, not the one we were going to. Oh well, guess that means I have to go back.

We traveled around, back through Llandudno Junction and finally to the Bangor Station in Caernarfon. 

The lady picked us up from the station and took us on a little tour of Anglesey. I couldn't see too very much, the rain was coming down rather nicely and I was too amused watching Mothra white knuckle the door handle as the lady was slamming on her breaks and taking the turns at a breakneck speed. T'was hilarious.

Along the way we stopped off at this post office of the town nest to Caernarfon:
That's the real name!

How would you like to write that on an address everyday?


We got to the B and B. Mom was a little daunted because our room was on the 2nd floor with 12 steps to get to. She decided to put up with it after she saw our room.

And the bathroom inside.
Sideways bathroom


The rain settled a little so we went out to check out the town and have dinner. We found a place called The Black Boy.

Now... I don't know what to say about this. In the US, the place would have been shut down about 60 years ago. But hey, it's Wales and Black Boy meant a chimney sweep, so whatever.

Yes, that's a black boy in the fireplace with a pic of George Wahington over it.
You tell me!

Other decorations in the Black Boy


Our dinner was tasty. I chose the veggie ragout, mom had the aubergine. Mmmmm yums. Mom also ate the Welsh Cheese. I don't know what beast donated the milk for the cheese, but deep inside I hope it was goat or sheep or horse.

Aubergine and salad
Veggie Ragout and corn bread

I don't remember the real names for these dishes, so I improvised.


After dinner, we hobbled our way back around the corner, up the 50,000 stairs and into bed.

End of Day 9.