Fo'




Killin Ladies!

I always thought this image was creepy...

I awoke early... rephrase... I was up early this day, for one cannot awake when one hasn't slept. The constant double tone droning coming from the next bed made REMs unattainable. 

Instead of laying there wasting time, I decided to waste time with some mat Pilates.
 
I probably should have been doing this whole time, but ... meh. Thirty minutes later I worked up an almost-sweat.  

Around 8:00 mom coughed and snotted herself awake. In an hour or so we were foraging for breakfast.

We didn't get very far. About 1/2 a block down from the hotel, we found a little family place. 
Bacon on crusty bread with mustard 
Mom ordered thick white toast with butter and marmalade and I ordered a banana and mushrooms. I also ordered a bacon sandwich on crusty bread with mustard. Why? Because the night before mom asked for that. "I would never eat that! Why would I ask for that? That's disgusting! Let me see that bacon." 

The bacon wasn't cooked enough for her. Of course it wasn't. All of mom's meats must be cooked to the point of JERKY! Didn't stop her from picking at it though. Her toast also wan't brown enough and it had butter on it. Not margarine. I stopped asking a while ago... don't bother.  I sighed and paid the bill. We went back to the hotel and mom got back in bed.

I finally got my shrooms...
Today was a big day. We had a tea and a show. Mom was stressing over getting the tickets for the show, then getting tea and then the show. I fixed that right quick. Oh, the happiness of a taxi cab. 

At 12:15, all dolled up, we piled into a taxi and got a ride to the Vaudeville theater. In planning this trip, we did a lot of research and one of the things we found was a show and tea combo. We picked up the tix at the Vaudeville and crept our way around the corner for the champagne tea.

Tea selection

We arrived about 5 minutes early, but they sat us anyway. It was a lovely tea. It was in a huge room, and we were the only ones there. :)  Several minutes later the harpist arrived and treated us to a private concert. It was lovely.

"Ew. I don't eat tea sandwiches. I never have." Guess who?
I convinced her to try the tomato and cheese one. At least we made a little progress...
We got a private show!

 
Mmmm... tea cakes.



Around 1:30, what I can only assume was that a bus arrived dropping off an entire 'old biddy' society. We were inundated with crumbly old women. One wore a shirt with skulls all over it that mom coveted riotously.
Skulls are all the rage in the UK this season. Huh...

We got a box for the leftover cakes, of which there were many because I couldn't eat them all though I really tried. Got a cab back to the hotel, and yes, back under the blankets.

The show was scheduled to start at 8:00, so we piled back into a cab and scooted back to the theater after 6.

If you haven't seen The Ladykillers, it's a very cute show. Evidently, Tom Hanks made a movie of it a few years ago. Who knew? But whatever the case, the play has been around for decades.

Here are some press pics:

Besides the witty dialogue still pertinent to today and the gorgeous set, mom's favorite part was that I didn't know that this was a real song:

Darling I am growing older  John MacCormack

Since the dawn of time in my family we've used a variation of this diddy as a birthday song. I really didn't know it was real. Learn something new everyday. 

She also enjoyed her candy which isn't available in the US. Pity that.
Kinda like sugar covered gummies.

After the show, we got into yet another cab, back to the hotel and into bed. We enjoyed Mock The Week and Buzzcocks and went to sleep. Well, tried to anyway...