Packing it away.

Packing is fun, isn't it?

Sure, we'll go with that. Actually, I don't mind packing, but I did approach this trip with much trepidation.

Being from New Orleans and living in Los Angeles, I am very unaccustomed to what one packs or even wears in cold weather. I hate the cold. I always have. I've also never seen snow and that is fine with me,  thank you very much.

No way, no how!


In the best of times, I have no fashion sense. In the worst of times, well, it doesn't even register in any realm whatsoever. My life has been spent in pink tights and leotards which then gave way to kung-fu uniforms. I really had no need to develop a sense of style. Or desire, if truth be told.
It takes a certain type of insanity to wear this crap every day of your life for 25 years!
Boy there's a sexy outfit for you!

Being the industrious person that I am, I called in the experts. That, of course, being posting a question on the all powerful Face Book asking my fashionista friends to suggest what to purchase for such inclimate weather.
They know better than me, right? I followed the advice down to the letter and purchased a new wardrobe.
I knew I was going to be put through various phases of my own personal hell, so I figured it would best to take the new outfits for a test drive. That was a mistake, but I'm glad I did it. The first outfit was a basic sweater with tights under a skort.


Wow! You look right out of the 80's, I'm going to have to go home and listen to Pat Benatar,

Um, WTF??? That comment was from some random guy who works in the building where I do my night time day job. I don't know if this was meant as a compliment, but I wasn't going to risk it. I trashed the outfit the second I got home.





Not to be discouraged, I tried again. The second outfit did work out better, I'm happy to say, So, time to revamp the wardrobe again. I tossed this out, tossed that out, bought more of this, donated that crap, etc. Now I have a uniform and it mostly looks random variations of this:


Is it acceptable? Is it decent? Hell, I don't know. I do know the fluffy socks don't stay up. But we have to suffer for fashion right?

Choke It!

My mom has a talent for crafty things. A talent that seemed to skip me completely. Not for lack of trying. I did go to sewing class for a while. I also attempted to learn to crochet. None for which I have any patience. Be that as it may, my mother on the other hand has a wonderful penchant for creating things.
20131007_200931.jpg
Infinity Scarf with hidden pockets.


This is an infinity scarf with two hidden pockets. Both pockets are large enough to hold a passport, a smart phone and lip balm. That being said, I wouldn't recommend double looping the scarf if you put a cell phone in it. It’ll choke you. Other than that, it’s a perfect design. It can also be made as a regular scarf with three pockets. No one better steal the design… I”m looking at you ScottVest!

Looking at you ScottVest! Pretty nifty actually.

If you like the scarf, my mom would probably love to make one for you. :)



Actual Packing

If you're a travel blog/site fan like me, you peruse travel sites and
try to glean as much info on everything as you can. Packing isn't an exception.

A few months ago, when planning this excursion Edie Baby decided to buy us matching luggage. Cute, right? (gag). Anyway,
ebags.com had a sale on 19" hard shell spinner carry on bags. We each got one. Mine is purple, mom's is pink. They look like this:

Typical spinner carry on bag.





That's all right then. Nothing special there.

However, through some small gem of good fortune, I have come
to be in possession of a new kind of carry on bag.
A new, innovative, exciting, mind shattering type of bag.

Mind Blowing I tell you!  (Okay so maybe I
don't get out much,)


Ladies and Germs, I give you...


The SKYROLL BAG!

Here's me stealing other people's pix cuz I forgot to take any myself.


In a nutshell, this beauty is a carry on bag surrounded by a garment bag. It includes a toiletry kit, credit card slots, sunglass case and computer case. Simple. Elegant. Genius. It currently runs for about 300 bucks, but I'm sure it will be copied copiously once it catches on.

Here are more stolen pix to enjoy...



Now I knew that as soon as Edie Baby saw or even heard of this bag, she would be all over it. And I was right. What I didn't anticipate was that instead of re-packing her stuff, she had in mind that I re-pack my stuff and put her heavy coat into the garment bag so she wouldn't have to carry it. 




If you do happen to be interested in the highly recommended Skyroll bag, check it out here: http://www.skyroll.com/