Mm (That means 5 in Cantonese)


Mm




I apologize in advance if this is a weird post. It was a weird day...

London Eye. Very tall.
Due to mom's lingering 'ick' we had to cancel all of our plans. Covent Garden, Tea at Harrods, flinging myself from the top of the London Eye. Ok, the last one wasn't so much as a plan as a recurring fantasy, but you know what I mean.

Upon returning from the theater the previous night, I requested a late check out time. We had until 2:00 pm to get our crap and butts out of the room. 

I let Edie Baby sleep until 12. At that time, I got her up and dressed, packed up all the random crap and checked out of the hotel. We had them hold our luggage for a couple of hours while we killed some time.

Since Mothra was so excited to get the fries the other day, we decided to have lunch at the Gourmet Burger Kitchen, right across the street in the Brunswick Center. We're nothing if not loyal.


I chose the aubergine salad with lentils and grilled chicken skewers, mom had a hamburger with cheddar very well done. And onion rings.

My salad was really good. The eggplant was grilled and not too rubbery. It sat nicely on top of a bed of rocket and lentils. Lentils are big there. The only complaint I had was that there was a little too much of the vinaigrette dressing for my taste. I'm not really a dressing person so I can't blame them for my folly.

Chicken Skewers with a spicy sauce.

Mom enjoyed her burger until she decided that it wasn't cooked well enough. This was about 3/4 of the way through, then she pronounced it as being 'still attached to the cow.' She liked the Diet Coke though.

Aubergine and Rocket salad with lentils. 
Cheeseburger eventually pronounced 'still attached to the cow.'



Crunchy Onion Rings. Mmmm....
We lingered over our lunch for as long as seemed socially acceptable, then I gave mom a tour of all the fun stuff I found in the Brunswick Center a few days earlier. She decided she will live in this apartment building across from it.
Future domicile of Edie Baby.
We took a tour of Waitrose purchasing sour gummies and digestives, ambled back to the hotel, got our bags our of hock and caught a taxi to Euston Station. By this time it was after 4.
Euston. Woot Woot.

 We made our way in and found the ticket retrieval machines. Since the second half of our journey will be done via rail mostly, we had about 30 physical tickets to print.

We had a lot of time to kill, so whilst I went to reconnoiter a way to get mom somewhere to rest, she bought this:
Expensive ass doughnuts.
Yup, you got it. Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Why in God's name? Why? She bought 2 and it was something like 6 pounds. That's about 10 bucks if you're playing along. The only salvation, in my mind anyway, was that she said she dropped a piece on the ground and was attacked by a flock of pigeons. Oh to have seen that!

Heh heh heh.  I'm a horrible person and will probably burn in hell.

I did find a place to wait and a lift to get us there, so I retrieved Haggie and got us up to the pub.

The lift took a little bit of
Pub on the 2nd floor of Euston Station
maneuvering to figure out.
However, we made it up there and with a little bit of luck found a table on the balcony over looking the floor.
 
After getting comfortable, I went to the bar and ordered a Bacardi and DC and an Irish Coffee for me. Hell, it would keep me awake right? Plus I could feel the temperature dropping and it sounded good. I didn't know what the hell was in Irish Coffee until then. Turns out it's Whisky.
Now here's the thing... if this voyage has taught me anything, it's that alcohol has a magical way of making a difficult situation easier. I wonder if there's something in that?

Two Bacardi DC's and one Irish Coffee and a Coke and Whisky later, we got hungry. And bored. I ordered chips. Of course... chips.
Salt and Pepper chips with garlic mayo and tomato sauce
Kinda hard to screw up chips. They were edible anyway. What's to say? Potatoes, salt and pepper. 

There is a weird thing that happens at Euston station. I don't think you would notice it unless you had our vantage point. People will congregate looking skyward and just stand there. And stand there. It calls to mind some type of maternal alien holding the human populace in a trance waiting for the right moment, at which time a signal goes out and the humans take off lemmings to an unknown demise. 
Like Lemmings...


Waiting for a signal...


                       
So weird.


Feel free to steal that Steven Moffat,
just cast me in the episode!

I suppose I have to end this post now
since this Blogger program is being 
bitchy... I'll add an addendum later.