PRE-FIXE





PRE-FIXE

To fully enjoy what is to come in this blog, I believe you must first understand what is going on inside my relatively empty head.

That's a pretty good likeness.

I was accepted into a class I had been pinning for for over a year. So YAY! 
It's one of those things you'd like to brag about, but no one really cares but you so... you know.

Anyway, anticipating that this would be such an eventuality, I did something I don't usually do, nay NEVER do, and I applied for the Virgin Atlantic Credit Card. DUM DUM DUMMMMM!!!!


My reasoning was this... I get the card, I get the VA points, of which I already had a nice stash since the previous excursion. I get in, I use the card for expenses, I don't get in, I use the card to make a single purchase, horde the points and never use it again. Makes sense, right?


Not a mere 73 hours after appropriation of the card, I receive and email stating 'We sent you a letter... if you want the class, pay up NOW, DAMMIT NOW!', or something of the like. (Truth be told, I hadn't received the letter which was sent via air mail and arrived two days later.)

So there I was... feverishly typing away that YES I want in the class. Yes! Yes! Yes! And please advise on how to pay for it. I was emailed back to call a number and present the credit card number over the phone.

The phone... Herein lies a problem. There are somethings in this world I don't understand, one of them being the fact that I can't make international calls from my home phone. Nor my cell phone, for that matter. I'm not sure what kind of bottom of the barrel phone/internet/tv crap bundle package I have, but alas... no international calls allowed. 

So what to do? Well, first I have to activate the card! Oh yes! The card! Is there anything as nice as that new credit card smell? The gentle tugging of the rubber cement as you pry it free from its paper backing? I think not!

My fingers trembled as I pulled the card off the backing, called the toll free number and activated it. I then booted up my Windows 8 laptop that I'd just updated, inserted my head phones, clicked on Skype when...

It seems that the Win8 update was too new and Skype hadn't updated to suit it. DAMN YOU WINDOWS 8!
NOT A FAN!

What to do? Oh mercy, what to do? I booted up the fossil WinXP (yes that old) computer and prayed for it to start. Thankfully it did! Hands shaking, I typed the number into Skype, and spoke to the lady. I nervously rattled off the numbers of the brand new card, being cautioned that because it was a card I had to pay 8% extra. I didn't care. I was IN!


 And about 1,000 of my 5,000 dollar card was gone.