CLASS!

CLASS!

We gots it!



Again, at 2AM, the bovine twins come back from their pub crawl. I know this because they enter the room, turn on the light, comment on how thirsty they are, throw water bottles around, plug in more devices and pass out.  

Yes, it's horrible, but I was annoyed.

I, of course am now wide awake, nervous, anxious and really pissed.

I put another sweat shirt on. Grab my phone and Nexus 7 and adapters and go to the common room. At least there I have 15 minutes of internet and an outlet to charge my phone which is acting as my alarm clock.

This time, I didn't make sure the door closed quietly. I think I let it slam. Too damn bad!

The Common Room, in case you forgot.


I claim my regular seat and plug in.
     "That outlet doesn't work. This whole side hasn't worked all day." A voice from nowhere informed me.
     "Seriously?" I asked the air.
     "Yeah, someone tried to plug in the wrong plug and it blew up."


Fantastic. What idiot would do that?  I found a plug on the opposite side of the room where I could keep an eye on my stuff and plugged everything in. 
I put my head down on the table and tried to sleep. This was an impossibility because there was an Italian guy cooking. He wanted to share his pasta with the cute American girl who came to visit her sister, but didn't want to go to her room because it was the middle of the night and she didn't want to wake everyone up. 

This prompted me to get up, walk over to her and thank her, as an American, for her courtesy. She was understandably surprised, but I explained that, evidently, there are people in this world who aren't taught such things and I ascertained it was a cultural thing. I think she was from the South, but I didn't go that far into detail. I took myself back to my table and put my head down again.


Two hours later, I figured I had enough power in my phone for the alarm to go off at 6:30. I grabbed my stuff and went back to bed. No, I didn't turn the light on, no I didn't slam the door. Yes, I'm a wimp.


Favorite 'thermos'
My alarm went off dutifully at 6:30. I repeated the same process as yesterday and went down to breakfast. It was cold. Very cold. I wasn't in the mood for toast, so I brought with me a small oatmeal bowl. Just add hot water. Which I did. I also filled my favorite thermos with tea.

I packed up my stuff, grabbed my notebook and with butterflies chewing at my guts, hiked to school.


PROOF!!

I got to the registration desk and was told to wait in the cafe.
Decorative Walls

The Cafe

As promised, I will skip over the specifics of the class. It's pretty boring unless you're into that kind of thing, so I'll spare you. It was a really good class, we'll leave it at that.

For lunch a few of us went back to the cafe. I had the tomato corn bisque. It was really good. And hot. And that's all I wanted.
mmmmmmmmmm

When the class was over, we were dismissed for the day with some homework. We were all pretty much exhausted. Which made me feel better as I wasn't the only one. I took a different route back to the hostel and passed the UK's version of Barnes and Noble, called WATERSTONE'S.


They also have a cafe and a video/music/game store. This was on the outside of the window. I'm just going to leave this right here and move on.
No Idea
It was cold in the room when I got back. Not just a little but a hole' lotta cold. No one was there, thankfully, so I plugged in my tech. I also took advantage of using my heating pad. It's actually more of a hot water bottle that you plug in to heat up. When it was hot, I curled inside my Dreamie with the pad and worked on my homework. For dinner, I had some of the leftovers from Harrods. At some point I fell asleep.


The next few days may seem abbreviated. You're welcome.