Fry Day!

It's FRY DAY!


The human body is a strange and amazing thing. Sometimes it can be annoying too. There I was, curled up in a comfortable bed, room temperature set to my specifications, all alone... and then...

                                          2AM!!!!

For absolutely not reason whatsoever, my body accustomed to being awakened at this ungodly hour decided to continue the tradition. WHHHHYYYYY???????

At least I was able to turn over and try to go back to sleep.

I got up at 7, got dressed and headed downstairs. There was an option of a breakfast buffet for 11 pounds. I figured I'd deserved it. YOLO BABY!

Oh blessed fruit plate! Oh blessed full English Breakfast! How my taste buds doth devour you! Ah... tasty tea and actual coffee. What a treat! I ate until I couldn't, which isn't very much. I did sneak a piece of toast and a slab of ham for a 1/2 sandwich and a small apple as a snack for later. But for now, I was high on vitamins and protein. And weird triangle potato thing that seems to show up everywhere on this side of the world.



I still had a little while before my 
class, so I stopped at reception to ask where I may purchase a new power adapter, and oh, by the way, the kettle in my room may not be working. NO, I didn't mention that I may have been the one that blew the fuse. And they have me on record as I called down for a power adapter the night before when mine exploded. Not a problem. Right across the street is a store called Robert Dyas in the Brunswick Center. They sell kitchen supplies and small appliances and such. They also open at 9! I thanked the lady profusely and walked across the way to the store.

I looked around the shop at all the interesting things. Kettles of all sizes, soup makers, blenders, things like that. I found my way to the back where they had a circular display rack of random things. Here, they had the adapters. Since they didn't have a super-duper nifty duel USB and power charger in one, I had to be satisfied with 2 adapters that do the same thing. I settled. I purchased one regular and one USB. 


This time they were white. I still haven't worked up the nerve to try out the other one to see if irreparable harm has been done.
I put the purchases in my bag and went to school.

I was able to plug in in a small kitchenette to the side of the class room. That was a good thing since my phone was very dead.

Nothing of much note happened the last day of class. I spoke with the students and the instructors. Then when the class was over, we went to a pub called The Marlboro. It was louder than the other and more crowded. I still don't understand this British tradition of hitting up the 'local' once or twice a week, but that's ok.

 I had a glass of white wine. The other students and I yelled over the loud music and loud patrons for an hour or so, comparing the US to the UK and other countries in Europe and the Pacific Rim, (no I can't explain Honey Boo Boo, yes there are people like that, please don't judge me). After which we got bored and headed home in our own directions with promises to keep in touch. To this day, I'm the only one who has actually done that, but truth be told, I didn't put much stock in it.

I went to the hotel for a hot shower and an early night. I had a big day on Saturday.