Thumbs Up! It's Thursday!

Thumbs Up!  It's Thursday!



After a relatively frigid night, (after all, what else would it be with the momster?) We awoke to a lovely if a bit of a gray day.

This was it! This was the day that most educated Americans (or
fans of Ancient Aliens) dream about. The day I get to see
STONEHENGE!!!!


But first: Breakfast!

Sarum College has a pretty strong B and B breakfast game.






It wasn't hard to eat my fill. And I did it willingly. Then, off to the bus to Stonehenge!

We could have been driving for hours, or mere minutes. I don't know, because I fell asleep again. I'm sure not consuming caffeine, having jet lag, and spending fitful nights with Ediebaby don't help, but I should probably get that looked at.

Whatever the case, when we pulled up at the welcome center, we were there! Yay! 

For all of my life I heard about the majesty and mystery of Stonehenge. The biggest and best preserved of all of the henges on the British Isles. The place where Druids would gather (they think) to do all sorts of stuff. Where there is a portal to the under world, where there are ley lines and aliens and...

What? This is it? This is IT??? It wasn't majestic. It was mysterious. It wasn't even big. The thing could fit onto a basketball court. How does that work?


I felt betrayed. I felt lied to. I felt... underwhelmed. The media, those lying bastards, had me believing this thing would take my breath away, would have me agape with awe. Well I was, to be honest, but not in the way they wanted. Not in the way I wanted either. Those lying rat bastards!

They did say, however, that they believe that there is a whole under ground part to this monument. One with tunnels and under ground chambers that goes on for miles. Now that would be something to see. Plus, there were sheep, so the day wasn't all that disappointing. And, AND, I had a Stonehenge Ale, which was more in line with the ginger as opposed to the beer variety.


After our allotted few hours on the countryside being dazzled by cultural icons and local fauna, we were bussed back (yes I fell asleep again) to Salisbury to spend the rest of the evening on our own.

We did so. It wasn't all that exciting. Just back the way we came, then tried AGAIN to eat at the Haunch of Venison, again with no luck, so we grabbed a quick bite somewhere, and got a good look around the town again, then back to the castle keep lest we be banished for the night.

Busy day. Momster was tired. I had two naps, so I was good. So again, I didn't sleep. Alas, 'tis the story of my life on the road.

This is the end of this day.