Hump Day! Whoop Whoop!

Hump Day!





Wednesday promised to be an interesting day! While sketching out this venture, our plan was to leave our luggage in the hold at the Holiday Inn and take only a small bag up to Salisbury to spend two nights at Sarum College.


Sarum College has been around since the Middle Ages and is still one of the best places to study theology in the world. They also allow people to stay there as a Bed and Breakfast. 

During the inception of this plan, I just happened to be browsing through a store and fell madly in love with a Dooney and Bourke weekender bag. 
So beautiful! So well made! Such a fantastic price! I couldn't resist. After all, a bag like this will last a lifetime. 

And really, how much stuff do you need for 2 nights in the country?

Turns out, a lot.



As I was packing my things in this stunningly beautiful, well made bag, I did not take into account that we will be in the UK in the late fall. That we will be in the country in the UK in the late fall, and I would be with my mother, in the country, in the UK in the late fall. Meaning? I needed to bring about 7 layers of EVERYTHING with me to keep warm. No, I did not take into account that this well made beautiful bag would end up being HEAVY. As in carrying around a stone statue heavy. As in anvil falling on Wiley Coyote heavy.







We grab a nice black cab from the hotel and get to the Waterloo train station.

I carried the bags throughout the station, holding them whilst the momster used the pay toilets and made another trip into a Boots to load up on even more Diet Coke. By this time, her bag already has 6 bottles. And of course, gummy bears.

I sat at this place and waited while momster did her shopping;

I lug the bags into a train seat and got settled. You might think that there would be great scenery and nice picturesque villages as one travels from the bowels of London to the green countryside of Salisbury. And you might be right. I have no idea. Not five minutes into the journey, the rocking of the train put me to sleep. I don't know why this happens, but it does. It happens when I'm in a car
and not driving also. Thankfully, it's mostly trains though. 

I awoke as the train pulled into the station, jugged awake by the momster. We hopped into another taxi and hauled ourselves out at the Castle Close.  

We checked in and got settled into a cute little ground floor room.

By this time, it was way past lunch so we thought it would be best to go out and explore the town.

We tried three times to dine here:
It never worked out, and to be quite honest, it was probably for the best since Ediebaby wouldn't like anything on the menu.

We puttered around Salisbury for the rest of the day. I won't bore you with many tourist photos, but here's a taste of the area.



We trod around the area until the momster tired out. Then, as the nights come quickly at the end of the year, we had to scuttle it back to the College, because they close and lock the doors at a certain time. If you're caught outside of the doors, you're screwed.

So we buckled in for the night. It was cold. No surprise. Momster was hot. Also no surprise.

This is the end of the that day.