Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday, Saturday...









So, here we are on Saturday. Momster is suffering with a cold, and I was supposed to have a class, but because the world is full of lazy losers, I was the only participant, so it was cancelled.

What to do?

Sleep in, of course. yay. good times. weeee.

So that's what we did.

We did have to leave the room for a while for the cleaning service, so I had the privilege of dragging the momster around the corner to the Pret. Why I'm the only one who calls it the Pret, is beyond me, but Pret A Mange seems like too much to speak when you don't have to.




It was a bit chilly that day, but away we went all bundled up in our clothes. Me in my jacket, moms in hers. I'm sure we cut quite the picture walking the 150 feet around the building.

Have I said how wonderful the Pret is? Let me re-iterate. It's fresh, cheap and tasty. It's like a small cafe, but it's a chain so the food is cheaper than a family run place. Think of a massively upscaled McDonalds with much better food and the menu changes each day. I'd love for them to open a few in LA.

Anyway, I digress....

For lack of anything better to say on this day, here is our lunch.



Now, if you're playing along, see if you can guess whose is whose.
Give up? Okay, 

I had the hot sandwich at the bottom, and the ginger ale. Momster had the BLT and DC with the chips.

Gimme a break hea! It was a slow day!

After that meager repast, we went back to the hotel to stew in our own juices for a while. 

Later, after about a 6 hour nap (Ediebaby), and a marathon reading/ Pilates session (me), it was time to go out again. yay. joy. jubilation.

It was raining a bit by this time, so we bundled up again. Want to guess where we ended up? Go ahead, try. Do it! No?

Pizza Hut. 


Yes, you heard that right. Pizza Hut. Of all the wonderful restaurants in the area, momster wanted Pizza Hut. I don't know... sometimes it's better not to ask questions.

So there we are... an old lady in a leopard pattern scarf around her head, and me, wearing matching jackets hobbling along Russel Square. A typical London scene, heading to a typical American crappy pizza place.

As if that wasn't weird enough, momster ordered (get this) lasagna AND pizza. WTF???? I got the salad bar. Want to see?

Thought so:



Yup. Because when you stay in a hotel, you can have cold pizza for breakfast. Actually I did, and momster made me throw it away the next day, but that's a different story. Here was my dinner and momster's beer.



I guess after the massive carb injection, Haggi was feeling better, because then she ordered dessert. Feed a cold, right?



After which, we re-traced our drizzle-soaked steps back to the hotel.

Yes, it was a boring day. I'm sorry.

Note to self:  When travelling with the geriatric crew, make sure to allow for at least one massively boring day.

Thus endeth Saturday.