Monday Monday Monday



It was Monday, and our last day in the UK.
Mom's parts were hurting, so she had no desire to greet the day with an excursion. Which parts? I don't remember, but take your pick.

I decided that I'd cross the street and go down a ways and take in the British Museum!

Hell, it was free, so why not?


I arrived around mid-morning not many people were wandering about. I had a pleasant couple of hours looking at the artifacts from various stages of history, and of course, British Colonialism.

That's a dirty word now, right?

Whatever the case, I saw some stuff.
      


It was nice.

I was there for a while and was pleased to see that a tea station was set up in the lobby.



I was tempted for all of 30 seconds. Until I saw the flies crawling on the scones.  Those aren't all raisins, people.

With that idea quickly squashed, I went back upstairs to look at more stuff. By now, it was in the afternoon, and, it being a school day... an onslaught of:

And

AND


I mean they were EVERYWHERE!

Crawling in between the poles, slithering in between the exhibits, worming their way in between me and the glass enclosed treasures lasting a billion years.

Since I wasn't in the mood for being blamed for destruction of national treasures and thus creating an international incident. I quickly beat a retreat from the museum.

Seriously, who brings a gaggle of monsters to a museum? Shouldn't those brats be doing something educa... oh wait, that's probably the best place for them. Never mind. As long as I don't have to be there.

So, off I went.

I waved goodbye to the museum and the food truck in the entrance way. 


Because you can't have culture without modern conveniences rearing it's ugly head.

I wandered in the tourist shops for a bit, not finding anything useful or interesting. Then I started worrying about the momster. You can't leave them alone too long, or feed them after midnight. Nothing good comes from that.


As expected, she was tired of feasting on random gummy candies and was in need of actual sustenance. Not wanting to do more than absolutely necessary, she sent me to the Pret to forage for food.

I came back with this:

I think it was some sort of pasta/cauliflower thing and a soup. Edie baby didn't complain too badly, so I counted that as a win.

I'm sure I also had a sweet treat in there to temper her ire.

That was the end of Monday.