So What's The Problem?



So here is how it stands.

In order to take the class, I have to go to the UK. To go to the UK, I have to take a flight. The only flight I could afford was an award ticket. With this particular award ticket, there were only 1 week increments that I could use. So, I would have to stay in the UK... for a week... to take a one day class.

Now we come back to the realization that a logical person would say 'it's not worth it', or 'I'll wait 'till next time', But did I do that?


Again, I have no excuse for my behavior. But think of all the museums I could see! I could visit the Tate, the British Museum, the Imperial War Museum! I could do rubbings! I could see a different show every night! I could pub crawl! I could inundate myself with culture and intellectual stimulation! Yes! Brilliant! London for a week! Oh Yes! Yes! Yes!

And then...

And then a very cheeky and somewhat evil friend of mine,who shall go unnamed, except for the moniker Stunningly Beautiful Grady (SBG) put a worm in my ear.


CANNES! She says... south of France, the Film Market, the Film Festival... the celebrity, the pageantry the beautiful scenery. And besides, I have an actual reason to go, don't I? 

Truth is, I did have a reason to go. I'm working on a real, live, actual project. I had been to Cannes for the Film Festival and Market in the past. More than once. Things didn't go so well. That couldn't happen again could it? Nah. Lightening doesn't strike in the same place not once, not twice but three times, could it?

Then again, maybe it could.

Yeah... that's me

Being my neurotic self, and with the worm deeply ensconced in my gray matter, I couldn't bring myself to ignore the fact that I have a chance to move things along in Cannes. I couldn't learn from past experiences and leave it alone. I couldn't leave that particular stone unturned. I Just. Couldn't. Do. It.


But more on that later.

For now, a mad scramble to make plans. As it was, the pound to euro ratio was working in my favor. I'd end up spending pretty much the same amount of money flying to France and staying a night or two there as I would staying in London. Less, probably when you factored in all of the temptations at my fingertips. So I did it... I pulled the trigger on Cannes.


Sorry about all of the exposition in this post. The hilarity ensues forthwith.