Arrive'!



We had only a few minutes to wait at the gate. Mom, of course had to run to the restroom. So, there I was waiting with the luggage as we're boarding. First class goes in. Special needs people go in. Here is me at the gate like a gate louse with luggage. Business class goes in... economy is called... and here, finally, here she comes barreling her way through the line to catch up to me.

We show the attendant our tickets and identification and make our way down the gangway.

I got the window seat so mom could have easy access to the lavs. This time we chose to sit on the right side of the plane. I think I've fallen in love with the right side of the plane. It's the right side of the plane that was so glorious when I had a bum ankle and a free row. And this time? Ah yes... blissful silence. Narry a screaming brat to be heard, endured or smelled. 

The flight attendant came around and offered juice, water or sparkling wine. Seriously? Need you ask? I sucked that down so fast. It went nicely with the wine spritzers I'd had in the lounge after my Baily's martini. Momster enjoyed hers too.

 Admittedly, I was a little tipsy when I took the photo of the menu. And if one were to be honest, I can't even remember what it was I ate. But I can try to figure it out.



I believe this was the eggplant entre. I do love a good eggplant. I have to mention that I did NOT consume the bottle of wine. Nor did mom consume hers. This will be important later on, so keep that in mind.
Mom had the beef and potato thing. I believe you're seeing the remnants of a rum and diet coke there as well. Note the bottle of wine sitting there in all of its
innocence.


After the food service and if I can still remember through the fog, an after dinner aperitif, I took a small nibble off a sleeping pill and fell asleep for a while. During this blissful (as mom would put it) 'better living through chemistry' event, I have no idea what Haggi did.

Hours and hours later as we were going beginning our initial descent, breakfast was served!



 Full English Breakfast (meatless) with some kind of juice and a blueberry muffin.

Mom got the Bacon and Eggs with potatoes. If memory serves, I ate all the eggs and veggies  and mom got the rest. I think the muffins were tucked in a pocket and saved for later.

We deplaned - what a stupid word- and headed through customs. "Why are you here? What are you going to do" Blah, blah blah. Neither of us mentioned that we may take a trek elsewhere whilst visiting the UK, but that's for another post. They let us through and we went merrily on our way. To another restroom.

After the pit stop, since I had found out how to get around without paying exorbitant fees to the Heathrow Express or a taxi, we went to the tube.

Our next stop was our favorite hotel in Bloomsbury, so we only had one train to take. The Piccadilly line. It was still early when we checked in and our room wasn't finished being cleaned. Our luck held out... UPGRADE!  We were treated to a nicer room with a fridge.
Free high speed internet, sparkling and still water and a giant Kit Kat.
Mom was in hog's heaven. It really was a great room. A Holiday Inn room, so it was great for that, but a great room whatever the case.






After a nice nap, we decided to hit up the local shops and get the goods we couldn't bring with us. In my case this was decaffeinated tea, for mom it was some kind of gummy bears and diet coke. Since we had a fridge, it was convenient.

This being the day before Thanksgiving. It was cold. Yes, It was cold. 

Knowing the area, we had dinner at our place. Our favorite place. Yep you guessed it.



Being predictable as ever, here is our dinner:
I got the eggplant and goat cheese burger (much to momster's chagrin). And mom got the burger, burger. We shared some fries.

 After the din din, we hobbled back to the hotel room to make use of the high speed internet so mom could call the doggies via Skype.
Dad chased Agatha around with the camera, she was not amused. Beatrix and Camellia were more than happy to say hello.

Not off to a bad start. But alas... the trip is young.