Egrets, I've had a few...





Have you ever done one of those things that you knew you would regret later? I don't mean eating a creme puff that you know will show up on your ass the next day, or drinking an adult beverage that will exact its revenge in the morning. I mean one of those things that wake you up in a panic? Something to rival the PTSD of soldiers world wide?  

I have...



But maybe I should start at the beginning.

Several months ago it was a regular day. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and all seemed right with the world. (Yeah, yeah I know... totally cliche'. Work with me here.)

The phone rings.
Me:  Hello?

LOOOORRRREEEENNNNN...  It was the croak of Momster. Nothing unusual for the most part.

Momster:  I've been thinking...


Oh God! Don't think! Please don't do that...

Momster:  I'm kinda feeling the need.

Don't... don't....

Momster:  I want to go back. I feel like I missed out on a lot last time.

RUN! WTF is wrong with you? RUN NOW!!!!!  

Me: Are you sure?

Momster: Yes. When do you want to go?

Don't do it! Remember last time? It was a disaster! RUN!!!!

Me: Um... 

What the hell are you doing? Stop encouraging this!!!

Me:  Are you sure you're sure you want to do that?

Momster: Why not?

Let me count the ways...

Momster: But later than we went last time, it was too hot.

Too hot. "TOO HOT", SHE SAYS. What the hell are you doing?
     She's my mother, it's not like I can say no.
Yes. Yes, you can. I's easy. It goes like this:  nnnnnnoooooo.....
     I can't! She spent decades mastering the mother-guilt syndrome manipulation triggers. I'm impervious to it. It's my Kryptonite!


Momster: So why don't you look around for a class or something you can take later in the year okay?

Don't do it. I'm warning you... don't do....

Me:  Uh... okay, I guess.

What. Have. You. Done?
     I'm not quite sure.....





So yeah... it's like that.